Tuesday, May 16, 2017

El Festival de San Isidro - Madrid

For FHE we went into Madrid to enjoy the last day of the San Isidro festival. It was fun! My FHE family consists of Lora, Hannah, McKenzie, Jonah, Austin, and I. It was pretty fun! Everyone and their dog (seriously, dogs had them too) had these giant red flowers in their hair, so I got one. I felt pretty legit, not gonna lie. A lot of people were lined up to go to mass in the Catedral de San Isidro, and a lot of the older people were in their Sunday best. But like, olden days Sunday best with the cute little hat and the ladies had fun older dresses. It was super festive. There was a folk dance performance, a little concert in the park, a bigger concert in the middle of the street for kids with Captain Hook involved, tons of food stands, and even more people. It was a huge party.

Sorta glad I'm allergic to eggs so I don't have to be tempted by all the tasty pastries



Mi flor. Trying to blend in with the natives and rep the Y at the same time.

The fam

People with flors


These abuelas in the background were jamming hard to the concert music

Some cute niñas in some festive traditional wear

Real sketch looking paella with crawfish or something in it


La Catedral de San Isidro

Loving my flor still

For the treat we got some quality American food at a quality American restaurant - McDonalds

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! What a wonderful, cultural experience. Love the flower in your hair. The folk dancers reminded me of Your mom. She did a lot of folk dancing at BYU. P.S. I also love crawfish.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney's computer isn't working, but she says to tell you that profe is Dr. Laraway. Profe is short for professor.
      -Erin Ward

      Delete

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...