Saturday, May 27, 2017

Parlez-vous Français?

Friday morning we went to France! We got on the bus and hopped the border into San Jean de Luz. A tiny little city on the beach so that we could add France to our list of experiences. It was fun! Crazy though how 10 minutes past the border it's so different. The streets were all curvy whereas in Spain all the streets are straight. Everyone was speaking French too - which makes sense, but still. It was fun pulling out the 5 French words I know haha. We were still in Basque country though so there was a lot of Basque writing everywhere too. Basically, we English/Spanish speakers were in trouble. Luckily though, most everyone spoke either English or Spanish so we could get around. We had fun. We went to a cathedral, got some legit chocolate, and I got a hat! Tons of people were walking around in hats and I decided I wanted a cute hat that I could war around and to the beach, so Preston and Stefan helped me pick one out. I think they did good.
























The border
Also included in this post are a couple more pictures that I've stolen from other peoples phones and Facebooks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...