Saturday, May 20, 2017

Un Día en el Parque

The deadline for turning in our Madrid Walks assignment is coming upon us, so we decided to do some serious sight seeing the last two days. Haha. I sight see for my homework. Anyways - Stefan, Tanner, Preston, and I all decided that we wanted to knock out some things on our Madrid de Cerca sheet, which is a blue paper with a ton of things in Madrid that we have to see, and finish our Madrid Walks. So Friday was Madrid de Cerca day. We went to La Casa de Lope de Vega, El Parque de Buen Retiro, El Prado, and El Jardín Real Botánico. 

At La Casa de Lope de Vega (Lope de Vega's House) we realized that we weren't actually allowed to go see the house unless we had scheduled a tour, so we just went into the back garden. It was nice. Lope de Vega was a famous Spanish writer from back in the Baroque days. Some say his work is 2nd only to my homie Cervantes.


El Parque de Buen Retiro was SO FUN. (It's basically Central Park in NYC) They have this lake in the middle of the park, and you get a little row boat for 6€ and then you can put 4 people in it. Perf! So we all put in1.50€ and then we got to boat around for 45 minutes! It was so fun! Turns out I'm not a very good rower. Ahaha.












The boys were giving me a hard time because I took this selfie while they were taking up manly poses with the oars for a picture and I didn't notice ahaha

We got the man poses back after I noticed though lol







I have 2 things to say about these next pictures. 1 - I only held the oars for the picture. 2 - Someone I know needs to work on their photography skills.

We would have capsized if Preston moved to the front while I took my picture, so he was supposed to ducking down behind me. Apparently he made an appearance in this one ahaha.






And this is where I took back the camera haha.





So the park was great fun. Then we went over to the Prado which is like a huge famous art museum in Spain. It's awesome. We aren't allowed to take pictures inside though.


Please notice the hard core Spanglish on that yellow sign ahaha
After the Prado, we went to El Jardín Real Botánico. It was a let down. Usually you have to pay, but for whatever day when we went it was free. Nothing was blooming and it was mostly all green plants rather than flowers. Tanner is into plants and said that it's probably because we're in the awkward part of the year where the Spring flowers are dying and the Summer flowers haven't bloomed yet. Ah well. We found a few nice ones. And Stefan found some stinging nettle - ouch!


The starfish has become my signature pose.


















Thursday down! It was awesome! 18,125 steps. Much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...