Monday, May 8, 2017

El Día de La Madre

Yesterday, Sunday, was Mother's Day here in Spain. It was also our first day at church! It was pretty cool having church in Spanish, they still had fast Sunday and all that. It's pretty amazing that even though I crossed an ocean, the church is still the same. They have a little YSA class, but the other students seem to be in their mid 20's. I guess that's pretty close to our RM's, but they felt older to me for whatever reason. The bishop told me that my accent was really good, then turned to Weston and said, you however sound like a Mexican. (Weston served in Mexico) Then the bishop said "Bienvenidos" to Weston and I, and I thought he said "Son maridos" After a pause I said "no". And I guess he thought I was just saying that Weston didn't understand what he was saying cause he's like, "Que, no dicen bienvendios en Mexico?" He was kidding, it was funny. So basically, I said no to him welcoming us, and it ended up okay, but kinda threw Weston under the bus on accident haha. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...