Friday, June 2, 2017

Nuestros Amigos de Portugal

So on Monday we got a fun visit from some other BYU study abroad students currently in Portugal! They came to Madrid just to check it out, so we got to play host to them. It was fun! We got into groups of 3 Spain students and 2 Portugal students, and then we were told to just go show them a good time and take them to our favorite parts of the city. So Stefan, Tanner, and I took Chad and Jared and it was super fun! We went to El Parque de Buen Retiro and did the boats again. I significantly improved my rowing abilities, and Jared took some pretty solid pictures of me on his phone. His camera rocks! They loved the boats, they're always a hit. Tanner sat that one out though, he had to make some phone calls back to the US about work.






Chad's the real MVP. He ducked behind me so quality photos could be taken.
However, he couldn't resist at least one creepy picture.







After the Parque, we went to La Plaza de Oriente where they could see El Palacio Real y La Catedral de la Almudena at the same time (that court yard between the two is La Plaza de Oriente). Then we took them to La Plaza Mayor just so they could see it. Then we went to San Gimes Churrerria - my favorite place in all of Madrid.





We ended off our super fun day in La Puerta del Sol so they could see the famous bear/Madrid icon. It was super fun! It felt really cool being a position where I know and understand enough about Madrid and about what's cool and worth seeing that I could take people on a tour of favorite places. It was super fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...