Saturday, June 3, 2017

Segovia

Today we took a day trip to Segovia! It was super cool, I'm really glad we went. We were technically supposed to use today as a free day to stay in Alcalá and take a breather, but most of us decided that we wanted to see another city that wasn't on our itinerary, so we took the Ave (a bullet train) to Segovia. Once we got there, we split up into smaller groups. Small groups are the best way to travel because it's easier to find food, easier to see sights and take pictures, and it's way easier to blend in - especially when we're speaking Spanish. So my group, as usual, consisted of Stefan, Preston, and I. We had a ton of fun.

We started off at the Alcázar! The Alcázar is a huge castle in Segovia - it's actually the castle used for the inspiration of the Sleeping Beauty castle in Disney Land! We got tower tickets and climbed, to Stefan's count, approximately 172 stairs to get to the top of the castle and see off the top of the tower. It was totally worth it, the view was awesome. Personally, I think that I could be the Princess this castle needs... :)







Reason #427 why Preston is fired








They stole my Princess pose
 Top of the tower photos







Preston photo bombing





A couple of the 172 stairs




The boys decided to be boys and do something dumb. They literally crawled into this ancient fireplace. I scolded them. So these are pictures of them looking sheepish after their scolding.




Courtyard Photos






I don't remember what happened here... but we have fun. They make me laugh ahaha

I would be a benevolent ruler.



After spending significant amounts of time in the castle, we headed over to La Catedral. On the way we decided to stop for lunch. We went to this little Pizzeria/Heladeria. Preston and Stefan had both brought sandwiches, but I was just feeling some pizza. I told them that I would get one and that they could have some since there was no way I would eat the full thing myself...turns out I did eat the full thing by myself. Stefan even got me eating the last piece on video! What happened is I ate 99% of it, and Stefan ate one piece. However, after seeing that I ate every other piece myself, they bought a whole other pizza so I could have one more slice and be able to say that I ate a whole pizza by myself. Then they ate the rest of the second one.






While we were waiting for our second pizza to come out, we went into Segovia's second biggest landmark - La Catedral. It was so beautiful. We had to pay to go in, but we think it was worth it. It was super pretty, and we enjoyed going out onto the patio and into the prayer room. It was a huge cathedral, and it was lighter than most of the other ones we've been in. I liked this one a lot.















Then we walked down some cute European streets on our way to the Roman Aqueducts.








Preston on the way down this street said something along the lines of how these cute little roads would be the perfect place to propose to someone... so the bromance continues.




Anyways... we finally got to the Roman Aqueducts - and they are SO COOL. I thought they would be lame, but they're seriously the most legit things ever. There's no mortar or anything - it's just rocks on top of rocks that are balanced so absolutely perfectly that they will never fall. It's been there for thousands of years, and it still looks brand new. It doesn't work anymore, but it's still super impressive.








Reppin the Y












Me taking a sit down lol











I actually love this picture. It cracks me up lol

Anyways, that was our tip to Segovia! We had a ton of fun and definitely made some memories. Walking towards the taxi we got these photos too.



Today 4 more Americans moved into our house. They're all in the army, and they're super cool. They're here trying to learn Spanish and will be going to Alcalingua with us. Their names are Sam, John, Jim, and Derek. They're super cool! It'll be fun to have some more English speakers around, but I think Gloria might be getting overwhelmed. She's the bomb though.








No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...