Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mi Cumpleaños en Sevilla!

So I spent the best birthday ever in the charming Spanish city of Sevilla. It was so awesome. I started the day out in Cordova with Stefan and Preston giving me a little present - they brought me a box with 3 Kinder Eggs in it and a cute little note that A) gave me 'do whatever you want today' privileges and a funny little poem. It was sweet. They're the bomb. We then went to the ruins of something that was probably really cool, but I don't remember much of. We went to the museum about it, watched a video (that I slept through) and then decided that due to time constraints we needed to get on the road to Sevilla so we didn't actually the see real place, whatever it was haha.




We drove through HUGE fields of sunflowers... they were so pretty! Picture didn't really turn out, but it was awesome
Once we got to Sevilla we were given time for lunch. Since it was my most special day I got to pick, and I chose Italian. It was so good. It was this fancy looking place that was actually pretty cheap. It was awesome. They told the waiter it was my birthday and they brought me a little pastry with a candle in it. The boys sang to me twice! It was great fun. They all treated me too - 3 birthday dates in one go. Not bad ;)






Then we started our tour of Sevilla! The first place we went was the beautiful Plaza de España. What made coming here even better was that right before we walked in, Mom had sent me a picture if this exact scene in the first picture since she knew we would be in Sevilla with my Happy Bday text. So we walked in and I was like, "Guys look!! It's the place from the picture!!" So they took a picture of me in the spot the picture was taken from. It was pretty cool.


Making sure our picture angle was right










After that we headed out to this beautiful cathedral in Sevilla called Catedral de Sevilla. (Original, right?) It was pretty cool, although very similar to all the other cathedrals we've seen. What made this one especially interesting though, was that Christopher Columbus is buried here! There's been DNA tests done too, so this is the legit resting place of at least some of C. Columbus' bones. Pretty sweet.





Christopher Columbus is resting on top of those 4 dudes in that sweet coffin




After enjoying the cathedral we headed on over to the Alcázar. There's a lot of Alcázares here. Basically, Alcázar means fortified palace come to find out. So we went to the Alcázar here in Sevilla! It was really pretty.






















After that we were set free. Before I move on with the rest of the day though I must mention two things.
1. Our tour guide's name was Ricardo and he was soooo funny. We had tese little ear pieces so we could hear him talking while we were checking out the palace, and whenever we would move to a different room he would just hum and we could all hear him. So funny. He was a cute little tour guide.
2. It was SO STINKING HOT. I like it warm, and it got to be a bit much for me even! It was okay though, I got a little 2 euro fan and a frozen water bottle and everything was golden. Super fun. It was 97 out. Yikes! You should see my glasses tan... LOL

Anyways, for dinner I was just really craving a cheeseburger... so the boys and I went to Burger King! They gave me a crown for my birthday, I felt pretty special. :)



Bday helado for dessert
After dinner we all got to go see a flamenco performance! It was SO STINKING COOL!!!!!! They didn't let us record or take pictures aside from the last 5 minutes, but it was SWEET. Probably on my list of favorite things that have happened while I've been here.







Got a selfie with the singers!
Then we went home! It was an amazing birthday. I had so much fun, it was an absolutely fantastic day. I'm so blessed to be here in Spain and have so many amazing friends and people around me. It's a good life <3

Also, please enjoy this video of Stefan and Preston. I have no words... again ahahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment

La Última Despedida

Well, this was it! My last morning in Spain before heading off to the airport to fly home. It was sad! Raimundo wasn't home so Gloria c...